Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Gobal Design Project 078, #GDP078



Today I am participating in one of my Favourite Blog hops.
Yes you guessed it

The Global Design Project

The task this week is to create a card using this template
I had a creative spark and thought I would add a peek a boo window instead of just a layer on the front of my card.
I took inspiration from a girlfriend who is as country bumpkin as they come but yet is still very much a girly girl.
this is what I came up with











I trimmed my chosen DSP to the size I wanted to create the base of my card front. I then cut my hole in my card front.

I made my window using the Stitched Framelits ovals, and I cut the larger one out first. I then laid my second frame on the card with just the edge of the card and frame hanging off my bigshot platform so the whole frame didn't cut. This created my opening window.
I then Glued the window into place using Tombow multi liquid glue.

I then cut my burlap to size and cut it down the middle and glued it in place
(I thought it was to chunky looking leaving it at full width)

I used the smallest flower from the Flourish Thinlits dies and cut 3 flowers.
I used a few stamp sets to create this Card.

The flowers surrounding my window are from That's the Tag.
I stamped them in white craft ink. I then used my fine tip glue pen to fill in the leaves to give dimension and shine.

I glued on my flowers and added a pearl to the center using glue dots.

I pulled a thread off the half of the burlap that I didn't used and made hole in my door with my piercing tool. I then folded the burlap thread tied a knot in the end and threaded it through the hole to create the door handle. ( I glued the back to the door using fine tip glue pen just to hold in place)

lastly I Used the Any Occasion stampset to stamp Its a Girl
I used a thinking of you stamp and my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and washi tape to to create the word "thing"
I covered the parts of the word I didn't want ink on with washi tape. I stamped it on my acetate sheet to be sure of positioning first, then I stamped it on my card stock. Then I covered the other letters revealing the next part of my word to ink and again checking with my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for placement before stamping the rest on my cardstock.
My card front is complete

To do my inside I Stamped the boots from Country Living stamp set onto Blushing Bride cardstock using Blushing Bride ink.  I then fussy cut them and mounted Dimensionals on the back.
I laid the card down flat, opened the window and positioned the boots in the window.
I then opened the card and stamped the flower with leaves from That's the Tag around the boots.

I hope you enjoyed this Card as much as I did making it.


If you want to know more please contact me and I will be happy to answer all of your questions.

you can purchase the products I used by clicking any of the pictures below, to be taken to my online store, where you can browse or you can shop to your hearts delight.





Don't forget to check out the other creations at




Thank you for Visiting today





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment